Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Um, Yeah. . .

So, where was week 3? In all fairness, I was out of town, where I ate high-fat, cream-soup based casseroles all week- delicious, and hugely bad for me. I've been home for many days, however, so I have no good excuse for not posting, but I do have some news. It is this: I totally broke down, bit the bullet and RE-joined WEIGHT WATCHERS! After the cream-soup week, I was feeling like I seriously needed some help (in out-of-control land) and I know weight watchers works for me. SO- for anyone that is interested, I found that the Monthly Pass is definitely the best deal. It costs $39.99 a month, which is the cheapest rate you'll find, but it also cuts out the joining-fee, AND it includes eTools. And, eTools is amazing! It is allowing me to still cook and know the points EASILY of what I am eating! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I can't really describe how helpful and easy it is, or how much it is working for me-even better than weight watchers worked for me before! My weight, after a crazy week, but then a couple of days on weight watchers is:

196.8
Here is a yummy and easy recipe that I got off of the Hungry Girl website. Check the site out if you've never been. It is full of awesome, healthy or changed up recipes. Some of them are full of artificial sweeteners and fat-free cheese, which I am not a huge fan of, but there are tons of good ones with more normal ingredients. A huge resource, one way or the other. I made this meal last night with some roasted potatoes, and it was really good. The barbecue sauce is on the mild side of things, which helped the 3 year old to love it. Happy and Healthy Eating to all!
Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken
1 1/2 lbs raw boneless skinless lean chicken breasts
1 cup canned tomato sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tbsp plus 2 tsp brown sugar (not packed)
2 tbsp plus 2 tsp cider vinegar
2 tsp garlic powder
Optional: red pepper flakes to taste
Place all ingredients except chicken in crock pot. Stir until mixed. Add chicken adn coat well with the sauce.
Cover and ocok on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours until chicken is fully cooked.
Remove all the chicken adn place it in a bowl. Shred each piece using two forks. Return the shredded chicken to the crock pot, and mix well with the sauce. YIELDS: 7 servings
NUTRITION FACTS: 1/2 cup serving equals: 149 calories, 1 g fat, less than .5 g fiber, 22.5 g protein-- POINTS value: 3

3 comments:

  1. Have a mentioned I love how you post healthy recipes and share healthy idea's? We all need this in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Meg! I'm glad you found my blog, I am the one that writes it and I'm so glad you like it! Jared and I signed up to reserve a spot for the Tough Guy challenge but we're not sure if we will be in Utah at the time. I think it would be great if Phil did it, its very adventurous :) Jared and I signed up for 2 warrior dashes and will be doing those out East. there's info for those on my blog too, but not one in Utah. Good luck with your weight loss goals you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog to keep yourself on track and accountable! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete