Thursday, April 8, 2010

Week 2

Well, after a lovely weekend of, once again, too many treats (are we seeing a theme here?) my official weigh in is:



196.9


So, at least it is down from last week. Seriously, I have had a hard time stopping the shovel towards my mouth. I have done better at planning meals, which is huge for me. My running, however, has not been so good. . . I have used the snowy weather as a great reason to not get out. So, I am going to do this week of the Couch to 5k program over. That is, the run 5 minutes, walk 3 minutes, times 3. Definitely not ready to move on yet.


I made one of my favorite crock pot recipes this week, that helps you have Cafe Rio at home, or at least a healthier version of the same thing. This recipe is totally Core, and if you choose wisely, the entire salad can be. Hope you enjoy.



Shredded Chicken, Cafe Rio Style


4-5 chicken breasts

2 cans Ro-Tel tomatoes (I use mild)

1 tsp salt

1 tsp chili powder

1 tsp black pepper

1 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp cayenne (or to taste- I use just a pinch)

dash Tabasco sauce (Cholula is our hot sauce of choice)


Place all ingredients in a crock pot; cook on low 5-8 hours, or for 4 hours on high. Before serving, shred chicken and put back in crock pot to soak up juices. Serve with tortillas, salsa, rice, beans (pinto, chili or black), lettuce, guacamole and grated cheese.


( I mix a can of beans with a scoop of fat free sour cream and some good salsa, mix it and heat it, and use that for the beans. It adds great flavor and moisture. Also, I just use baked tortilla scoops, to save on fat, etc. A squirt of ranch mixed with salsa does it on the top!)


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love this blog Meg. It inspires me to do better and I love the recipe idea's that you share. I desperately need healthier recipe idea's - so thanks! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An FYI if you aren't loving the non-fat sour cream (which I don't): Low fat sour cream doesn't add to the fat that much, but has way better flavor.

    Love reading this Meg. I totally understand the food issues - I can't not eat like an alcoholic can stay away from a bar. It can be a little difficult because of that.

    ReplyDelete